Jobs & internships
Knitting Trainee Program 2023/2024
Nadia Wire is looking for a dedicated knitting trainee to join the knitting department for a 1-year traineeship. Nadia Wire’s Knitting Trainee Program offers ambitious and passionate knitting graduates a paid opportunity to learn in depth about digital knitting, programming, and knitting manufacturing. The aim with the program is to give newly graduates a unique chance to obtain qualifications in digital knitting and the possibility to become a part of the Nadia Wire team. Throughout the trainee program you will also gain insights to Nadia Wire’s dynamic business and creative atmosphere.
BA or MA in Knitwear Design, Knitting Engineering or Knitwear Manufacturing studies.
Skills in Stoll knitting machines, knitwear development and M1Plus.
Completed internship at Nadia Wire in the knitting department (minimum of 3
months) can be completed during studies.
The traineeship is divided into 2 stages, to give the trainee a full introduction to the Company’s machines, systems, and textiles.
Stage 1: Introduction to Nadia Wire’s fine knitwear, machines, textiles, and systems.
- How to operate our 12-gauge knitting machines: operate and threading of machines, maintenance, troubleshooting etc.
- Quality control of fabrics: secure the quality of all fabrics hereby measuring, securing yarns ends and fixation of dropped stitches, washing etc.
- Assist with textile development: color and tension swatches, stitches, artwork preparation and knitting calculations.
- Maintain the yarn and textile stock and update the systems when needed.
- Archive and organize textiles according to the Company’s zero waste policy.
Stage 2: Introduction to Nadia Wire’s heavy knitwear, machines, shapes, and production.
- How to operate our 5-gauge knitting machines: operate and threading of machines, maintenance, troubleshooting etc.
- Assist with shape development: fully fashioning details, grading, technical drawings, and fittings.
- Production: material calculation, prepare knitting files for production, create production overviews, and follow crucial deadlines for both e-commerce and retail.
During the 1-year program you will report directly to the Creative Director and the Knitting Responsible. There will be a midway evaluation of the trainee.
We are looking for someone who can start in 2023. Please note this is a full-time position. Submit your application to email@example.com – must contain CV, portfolio, and motivational letter.
Nadia Wire is looking for a dedicated design intern to join our design team in Søborg, Copenhagen. We can offer you a great learning opportunity, if you are passionate about knitwear, fashion and textile design. You will be a part of a small team and will therefore be given a lot of responsibilities. You will work closely with the Creative Director.
Responsibilities include tasks such as:
Assist with research and sourcing of materials
Stitch development on our domestic knitting machines
Preparing of artworks in illustrator/photoshop
Pattern making, sampling, and prototyping
Update collection overviews, boards etc.
Occasionally assist the knitting production team
The Ideal candidate:
(On-going) Degree in Knitwear or Fashion Design
Skills in machine knitting is a must (dubied and domestic)
Excellent skills in pattern making, machine and hand sewing
Basic knowledge of digital knitting machines (Stoll) is a plus but not necessary
Proficient user in Photoshop, illustrator, and In-design
Passionate about sustainability and manufacturing
You are extremely organized and has a strong attention to details
You enjoy working independently, not afraid to take initiative and always meet deadlines
Sent your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application must include cover letter, CV and portfolio.
We are looking for someone who can start in May/June 2022 for minimum 5 months. Please note the internship is unpaid.
PR & SoMe intern
Nadia Wire is looking for a dedicated PR & SoMe intern to join our head office in Søborg, Copenhagen from soonest possible. We can offer you a great responsibility and learning opportunity in an exciting and creative environment. You will report directly to the Head of E-commerce & Digital Marketing.
Your assignments include:
- Assisting in creating content for our SoMe platforms
- Supporting press events and photo shoots where necessary
- Different tasks regarding influencer marketing
- Assisting in expanding to new platforms
- Handle sample loans to the press, stylists, and influencers
- Ensure the PR showroom always looks presentable
- Assist in other ad hoc tasks regarding PR, communication, and e-commerce
The ideal candidate:
- Acquainted with creating content and editing videos
- Basic knowledge about SoMe (especially TikTok)
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken Danish and English
- Strong visual eye and sense of aesthetics
- Skills in Photoshop, illustrator and In-design is a plus
- Passionate about a responsible and mindful production
- Highly organized and can work independently
Sounds like something for you? Please send your application and CV to email@example.com with ‘’PR & SoMe intern’’ in the subject line.
We are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible and who can intern for preferable 4 months or more.
Please note the internship is unpaid.
You are welcome to send us an unsolicited application whether you are looking for a job or an internship. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.